Director of Construction Department
Phone: (856) 461-8667
Fax: (856) 461-1147
- The Community Development Office contains the Construction Office and the Zoning Department. These offices issue Construction permits and Zoning permits.
- Office hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- The New Jersey Uniform Construction Code requires construction permits for minor work, alterations, renovations, demolition, etc. as well as all NEW construction as per N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.14.
- Please call (856) 461-8667 BEFORE beginning any interior or exterior work, to find out what type of permits are required.
- To obtain Uniform Construction Code Forms, click the following link: STATE.NJ.US/DCA/CODES
- For a copy of the Zoning Map, click here.
The Delran Municipal Building and Community Development Office are OPEN, but due to the Corona Virus pandemic, the public is required to wear a mask while inside the building.
The Construction Department is working diligently to provide services to the residents but for the safety of our employees and the residents of Delran Township we will continue to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Homeowners and contractors are to keep a social distance of six feet apart and wear a mask when accompanying inspectors. There shall be no more than one person accompanying our inspectors at any given time.
Monday through Friday, 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM
Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
PLUMBING & MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS:
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Tuesday & Thursday 3:00 PM to 6:00 PM
To request an inspection:
- Call us at (856) 461-8667
- Come to the Delran Municipal Building (Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00) (a mask is required to be worn)
- Email: [email protected]
Please do not leave your inspection requests (dates/time) on our voicemail. You MUST speak with someone in the Community Development Office to confirm that your request is scheduled.
Selling your house?
The Fire District Office handles inspections for resale. You will need to have your house inspected before you go to settlement; click here and complete the attached form and submit the form to the Fire District Office, 900 Chester Avenue, Delran, NJ 08075. For questions please contact the Fire District office at (856) 461-5474.
Current Codes Adopted by the State of New Jersey
- Please visit the following link to the NJ DCA website to find the currently adopted codes:
Failure to obtain your final inspection and receive your certificate may be a possible loophole for insurance carriers not to cover a claim (i.e. pools, fire damage, etc.)
Failure to call for a final inspections according to the State statutes could result in a Notice of Violation and/or monetary penalties.
N.J.A.C. STATE LAW
Final Inspections are required before final payment is made to contractor.
Please remember the codes that are enforced by our department are a minimum standard code set by the State of New Jersey. The quality of workmanship performed is the responsibility of the homeowner and this department, by law cannot comment on the quality of workmanship performed by a contractor. The code simply states the work shall be performed in a workmanlike manner and meet these minimum standards.