Phone: (856) 461-8667
Fax: (856) 461-1147
- The Community Development office contains the Construction Office and the Zoning department. These offices issue Construction permits and Zoning permits.
- Office hours are 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
- PLEASE NOTE: Due to the National State of Emergency due to the Corona Virus pandemic our offices are currently OPEN to the public, yet, a mask is required to be worn when inside the building.
- PLEASE NOTE: The public may only enter the building through the front entrance doors and exit through the side doors.
- Jason Harris is our Construction Official and director of the Construction department.
- The New Jersey Uniform Construction Code requires construction permits for minor work, alterations, renovations, demolition, etc. as well as all new construction as per N.J.A.C. 5:23-2.14.
- Please call (856) 461-8667 BEFORE beginning any interior or exterior work, to find out what type of permits are required.
- To obtain Uniform Construction Code Forms, click the following link: STATE.NJ.US/DCA/CODES
- For a copy of the Zoning Map, click here.
Due to the Corona Virus pandemic, the Delran Municipal Building IS OPEN, yet, the public is required to wear a mask while inside the building. The Construction Department is working diligently to provide services to the residents but for the safety of our employees and the residents of Delran Township we will adhere to the following guidelines:
- All Subcode inspections; Electrical, Plumbing, Building & Fire must be either A) Completely VACANT or B) Outside (shed, generator, solar)
- If your property is VACANT or inspection is OUTSIDE, please note that a LOCKBOX number must be provided for the VACANT property and NO ONE can meet the inspector or follow the inspector at the time of the inspections. If someone is there, the inspector will leave and no inspections will be performed.
- A moratorium is currently in place for the near future, instituted by this department, on residential rehab and minor work inspections. If an inspection of this type is needed please email our department and we will do our best, on a case by case basis, to find a way to provide an inspection while protecting the health of the residents and our employees.
Monday, Tuesday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Monday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Tuesday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
Wednesday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
PLUMBING & MECHANICAL INSPECTIONS:
Tuesday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Thursday 2:00 PM to 7:00 PM
To request an inspection:
- Call us at (856) 461-8667
- Come to the Delran Municipal Building (Mon-Fri 9:00-5:00) (a mask is required to be worn)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not leave your inspection requests (dates/time) on our voicemail. You need to speak with someone in the Community Development Office to confirm your request is scheduled.
Selling your house?
The Fire District Office handles inspections for resale. You will need to have your house inspected before you go to settlement, click here and complete the attached form and submit the form to the Fire District Office, 900 Chester Avenue, Delran, NJ 08075. For questions please contact the Fire District office at (856) 461-5474.
Current Codes Adopted by the State of New Jersey
Please visit the following web link to the NJ DCA website to find the currently adopted codes
Failure to obtain your final inspection and receive your certificate may be a possible loophole for insurance carriers not to cover a claim (i.e. pools, fire damage, etc.).
Lastly, failure to call for a final inspection according to State statutes could result in a Notice of Violation and/or monetary penalties.
Final Inspections are required before final payment is made to contractor as per N.J.A.C. 13:45A-16.2.
N.J.A.C. STATE LAW
Final Inspections are required before final payment is made to contractor.
Please remember the codes that are enforced by our department are a minimum standard code set by the State of New Jersey. As far as the Quality of workmanship performed, this department, by law cannot comment on the Quality of workmanship by a contractor, this means the quality of workmanship desired would be the responsibility of the homeowner. The code simply states the work shall be performed in a workmanlike manner and meet these minimum standards.