Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

What Can Be Done? Call 911

CALL 911

When you call 911, Delran officers are dispatched and will attempt to locate the source of the noise and then determine the appropriate Philadelphia Police District to report the issue. The appropriate Philadelphia police district’s desk sergeant is notified and can dispatch Philadelphia officers to investigate.  Unfortunately, Philadelphia police response time can be delayed if the call does not come from another law enforcement agency.

It took many different approaches before this process was worked out and there is no easy solution to this issue since it crosses state lines. Our New Jersey state legislature has passed a law to outlaw boom cars, but that only applies in NJ. 

We did have two boom cars come into Delran several months ago. They were met by Delran police shortly after they arrived and several citations were issued. They have not returned.