Attention Delran Residents: We are pleased to announce that the State of NJ has awarded two new grants to Delran! Projects in our town received the 2022 Bikeway Grant and 2022 Safe Streets to Transit Grant. The Delran Community Park Bike Path Improvement grant in the amount of $1,207,000.00 provides funds to counties and municipalities to promote bicycling as an alternate mode of transportation and promotes health and wellness throughout the area. The Safe Streets to Transit Grant in the amount of $575,000.00 will allow for Route 130 & Chester Ave Pedestrian Safety Improvements for the designing and installation of sidewalks contributing to the overall safety and accessibility for mass transit riders walking to transit facilities by providing funding to counties and municipalities.
TOWNSHIP OF DELRAN
REORGANIZATION AND PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE
Electronic Notice is hereby given that the Mayor and Township Council of the Township of Delran will hold their Annual Reorganization Meeting on Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 6:30 pm followed by the Regular Public Meeting at 7:00 pm. Formal official action will be taken. Due to the recent surge in COVID-19 within the Township of Delran, both meetings will no longer be held in person, but rather will be conducted via the following Zoom Webinar:
Webinar ID: 864 2201 2725
Dial by phone: 1-929-205-6099
This Electronic Notice, which complies with the Open Public Meetings Act, N.J.S.A. § 10 et seq. (“OPMA”), supersedes any prior notice for the above-mentioned meetings.
Attention Residents – The Department of Public Works is aware that leaves are dropping later in the season and will be extending the leaf collection schedule for 2021. Please have all leaves to the curb by December 15th as Public Works will begin their final round of collection. Any questions, contact the Public Works Department at (856) 461-7737.
ZONING BOARD MEETING SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 30, 2021 HAS BEEN CANCELED.
THERE ARE NO APPLICATIONS TO BE HEARD. SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE!
THE PLANNING BOARD MEETING SCHEDULED FOR NOVEMBER 4TH, 2021 HAS BEEN CANCELED. THERE ARE NO APPLICATIONS TO BE HEARD.
SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE.
Attention Delran Residents: Please be advised that in an effort to avoid disruption to the daytime traffic patterns and bus routes, road milling will be conducted on Conrow Rd tonight, October 27th and tomorrow evening October 28th between 5:00pm and 1:00am. Additional work will be conducted next week on November 4th, 5th and 6th between the hours of 7:00am and 6:00pm as schools will be closed for Teacher Conventions. Notices have also been delivered to residents in the area.
A Notice Regarding Traffic Calming Improvements at Tenby Chase Drive and Grande Boulevard
In an effort to improve safety for motorists and pedestrians, we will begin implementing traffic calming measures on Tenby Chase Drive and Grande Boulevard, beginning October 21st, and are currently expected to reach completion by the Winter.
Grande Boulevard Improvements
Grande Boulevard currently has a wide roadway and no lane striping, which invites speeding motorists.
The improvements will include the following:
- Lane striping which will define a narrower driving lane and differentiate the driving lanefrom the parking zones
- Addition of sidewalks to connect residential zones with the sports complex, providing safer areas of passage.
- Installation of chicanes, a popular traffic calming technique. Their purpose is to:
- reduce the width of the travel lane which
- prohibit parking at the corner of cross streets which creates better sight lines for motorists; and
- provide safer crosswalks by reducing the length ofthe cross walk and highlighting pedestrian crossing zones for motorists These chicanes are only used in a limited section of the road. Learn more about chicanes here.
- reduce the width of the travel lane which
- Solar powered speed radar sign to alert drivers of their speed
Tenby Chase Improvements
Tenby Chase Drive (between Don Deutsch and Vermes fields) is dangerous to drivers and pedestrians, particularly during sporting events and practices.
Traffic Calming measures will include the following:
- Additional lane striping to delineate the travel lane and shoulder for parking
- Solar-powered speed radar sign to alert drivers of their speed.
- Installation of chicanes at crosswalks, the benefits of which are mentioned above.
Concepts plan for traffic calming improvements can be found here.
Due to no pending agenda items, the Township Council Work Session scheduled for 10/12/21 has been cancelled. The next Work Session will be held on Tuesday, October 26, 2021 beginning at 7:00 P.M. at the Municipal Building.