We understand that potential exposure to COVID-19 is concerning. It is important that residents do not panic, but do see the guidance of a medical provider if necessary. Individuals who are experiencing shortness of breath or extreme symptoms should contact their primary health provider. It is important that individuals who feel they may have been exposed to the COVID–19 virus limit their exposure to others as much as possible. Delran Township Chief of Police Al Parente would like to inform our residents that the 24/7 continuity of police services will not change during this fluid situation surrounding the Coronavirus. We have established plans and have taken measures in advance to ensure that crucial law enforcement services are not unreasonably disrupted and that employees are provided with the means to prevent or mitigate the spread of infection. To protect the public and police officers from exposure to the virus, officers may handle some non –emergency calls for service by telephone. For non–emergency police assistance please call our non-emergency number at 856–461–4444.We remain committed to our mission to protect, serve and enhance the quality of life of all citizens. If you need us – we will be there like we always have. We continue to coordinate with our Fire Department and EMS partners on a daily basis to ensure we have the most updated and appropriate protocols.
After consultation with the Office of Emergency Management,the Delran Township Fire District and EMS, Mayor Ken Paris and Township Council have directed the following to TAKE EFFECT MIDNIGHT TONIGHT:
- The Municipal Building will be CLOSED except for essential services until April 8, 2020 at which time we will reevaluate the situation. While Delran Twp. employees will report to work, there will be limited public access. There will be public access to the Construction Office and the Office of Vital Statistics BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. You must call in advance. The telephone number for the Construction Office is 461–8667. The telephone number for the Office of Vital Statistics is 461-7734. There is a lock box in
front of the Municipal Building for tax, utility and court payments. Payments can also be made on–line and by regular mail.
- The Planning Board and Zoning Board meetings for the month of March are POSTPONED to a future date.
- Delran Community Park will be Closed until further notice.
- All large gatherings,sports/recreational activities and other public events at
Delran parks and fields are POSTPONED until further notice.
- Municipal Court is POSTPONED until further notice
- The Delran Township Council Meetings will continue to be held on the 1st 2nd and 4th
Tuesday of each month beginning at 7 PM with remote audio access for the public only
for the time being. Information on how to access the Delran Township public meetings
will be forthcoming and meetings will continue to be Livestreamed.
- All other meetings, programs and events at all Township parks and facilities are SUSPENDED until further notice
- Municipal trash collection and recycling shall continue as usual at this time
These actions are being taken out of an abundance of caution and based upon information provided by National,State and County health related entities. On March 9, 2020, The Honorable Philip D. Murphy, Governor of the State of New Jersey, issued Executive Order No. 103 declaring a State of Emergency empowering municipalities to take action consistent therewith, including action by local officials to protect the health, safety and welfare of the residents of Delran Township from any actual or potential threat or danger that may exist from the possible exposure to COVID-19.
Delran Township is committed to protecting our residents, staff and the entire community throughout this public health situation while maintaining emergency and essential public services. Township representatives will continue to remain in contact with health care professionals to determine any and all actions moving forward and will update the community accordingly. For future updates, all residents are encouraged to visit our website at: https:Delrantownship.org
Respectfully Kenneth H. Paris